This 15-minute vegetarian main is not only gluten-free but is packed with incredibly fresh, clean flavor. Try it with a bright, citrus-packed Sauvignon Blanc for an easy dinner any night of the week.
- 12 ounces organic brown rice pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 4-5 ounces fresh organic arugula
- zest of 1-2 organic lemons
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan or pecorino, finely grated (optional)
Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain but do not rinse. Set aside.
In pan used to cook pasta, place over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and let cook briefly, being careful not to let it burn.
Add pasta, arugula, lemon zest, pine nuts and remaining olive oil to pan. Season with sea salt, a good amount of freshly cracked black pepper and freshly grated cheese. Toss gently until arugula begins to wilt. Serve immediately.